How often do you exercise…?
Five thousands steps per day?
Do you know your are going to die soon this way?
Human beings like every other living species are made to use their body daily.
In a word…at least to move it…
But still….think about the life of most of us today: getting on the car to go to the office, 8-10 h glued at our desk on the computer, back home in the car, couch, bed…repeat.
Overweight…in awful shape…sick and dying early:
- Physical inactivity may increase the risks of certain cancers.
- Physical inactivity may contribute to anxiety and depression.
- Physical inactivity has been shown to be a risk factor for certain cardiovascular diseases.
- People who engage in more physical activity are less likely to develop coronary heart disease.
- People who are more active are less likely to be overweight or obese.
- Sitting too much may cause a decrease in skeletal muscle mass.
- Physical inactivity is linked to high blood pressure and elevated cholesterol levels
But you already know it…right?
And often when I ask “Why don’t you exercise” the classic answer is I don’t have time!
Again and again, the only way to have time is to make it and stick with the schedule .
You don’t have time for exercising but easily you can allocate everyday 2 or 3 hours to surfing the net or watching TV!
Exercising must be in your schedule for many reasons:
1) Decrease probability of contracting most diseases
2) Losing Weight
3) Feeling Generally Better
4) Getting Energized
5) Reducing Stress
6) Meditation moment
7) Good way to listen to your preferred music or podcast
8) Great Example for your spouse or kids
Just do it
Schedule a timeframe and a plan and stick with it.
Pick whatever sport or exercising you prefer.
Personally I like walking, running and fast weight lift for the major muscles (in many Gym they have room dedicated to this Express Circuit where you makes 2 series for about 30 min).
If you never exercising before start small, and increasing over the time.
Take a personal trainer if you really needs a motivation, however on the Internet you can find many blogs of schedule, training and also people in your city hanging around to exercise together.
In my case exercising comes pretty natural because I love doing it.
But what if I absolutely hate exercising?
Here is the bad news: you must do something for your body, that you like it or not.
If you absolutely hate physical activities at least walk.
Walking (or running) should be in every training program.
Walking at least 30 minutes a day is mandatory to keep the body active; you should never forget this.
We are human bodies machines and like every machine we need to keep basic functions and walking is one of them.
Start today and you will never regret it.